Sunday, May 20, 2012

Angry birds


So a bird bit me the other day. Or pecked me. Whatever.

I was leaving the gym, happy as a clam in high tide, full of endorphins and much needed dopamine, thinking thst life is great, when the damn thing attacked me. It came from freaking nowhere, kamikazed into my head and nibbled on it while its black wings flapped on my face.

Running with my arms flailing and screaming profanities, I freed myself from the hysterical bird, acting hysterical myself, finding safety in my jeep, while breathing heavily with my crazy hair on my face.

That's when I saw the moody bird. It was a crow and it stared at me from a branch with evil eyes, like something right out of a Hitchcock movie. (envision creepy, annoying, repetitive, scary movie music in the background here)

More pissed off than scared I headed home and called everyone and their brother to find out opinions as to why freaky bird freaking bit me. Or pecked.

Apparently there are four reasons as to why a bird would bite (or peck) little me:

1) I'm in a scary movie
2) Someone that looks like me was mean to the bird and they don't forget (hold grudges much?)
3) I look like I either have food or I am food
4) The bird's nest was nearby and she was a hormonal new mom, which is a more likely scenario and one I could relate.

I don't like people coming near my nest either. We are about to receive a lot of guests and just the thought of anyone disturbing my son's schedule or simply holding him makes me want to peck on everyone. Or bite.

If I were still seeing the nutty therapist I used to see (which was actually very good, in her nutty ways), she would tell me that the universe was trying to tell me something.

In this case, I wonder what the heck the universe is trying to tell me? Am I a hysterical mom that needs to chill out and stop going off on people? Or the opposite, should I tackle anyone that gets near my son? Or perhaps I just look that shitty that animals think I am a carcass? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think I know how you feel. My rational me would say: chill out and let go, is good for baby to socialize and also get used to other arms than yours, no harm will be done. The emotional me would say: it's your son, you're the one that spend time with him therefore you know best, so don't let people criticize you or tell you about schedules or if you're doing things right or wrong, they know nothing.
    I think at the end of the day is all about balance, you can have a relaxed attitude towards relatives or friends hanging around your baby but also set limits, things you are comfortable with or not. I guess you'll be able to turn things around, I mean a situation you imagine would be stressful could end up being pleasant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right, Deni! I hope it all turns out to be more fun than I am envisioning it.

      Delete