Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Because of chocolate (part deux)

At the grocery store the other day I paused by the bakery, put both my hands on the glass, palms flat, bringing my face close to it and said to the brownie on the other side, low enough so no one thought I was the crazy lady with the baby,

"I miss you, brownie. It's been too long..."

Two weeks sans chocolate have gone by. Baby still throws up and screams before bed. It can't be chocolate.

This is what the doctor is telling us. He is reassuring me that baby just needs to eat less to throw up less and that he cries because, well, babies cry...

However, here is the conversation that my stubborn husband carried on:

Husband: So what you're saying is that she shouldn't have any chocolate...

Doctor: She shouldn't change anything in her diet and as little as possible in her routine.

Husband: ...but chocolate in her milk is bad for the baby...

Doctor: We don't know that. As long as baby is fine after she eats it, chocolate is not bad for the baby.

Me (thinking): (a brownie would be really nice right about now)

Doctor: Your wife needs to be happy. She needs to do what makes her happy. She will be a better mom for that.

Me (thinking): (I love you, baby's doc! Next time I will slip you a twenty and have you talk about how husband cleaning toilets is also good for mommy, which is excellent for baby)

Husband: ...but don't you think she should stop eating chocolate?

Me: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Ok, I didn't say that, but that's the look I gave him, and he did shut up.

1 comment: