Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Saving all the drama for his momma

It's one thirty in the morning and here we are, doing our pacifier dance.

Basically he spits it out of his mouth right when he is about to sleep, starts to miss it, then cries to have it back. I come for the rescue and hold the pacifier in his mouth until he calms down. He sucks on it and starts to fall asleep, until he relaxes his little mouth and lets said paci fall to his side.

This goes on for, I don't know, an hour after every feeding?

When I think I have won the battle and start to slowly walk away to my bedroom and can see my bed from a distance, looking all cozy and inviting, he cries out full on, because now he is hungry again.

I miss my bed.

And I swear I am going to tape that thing to his cheeks.


3 comments:

  1. Hunter does the exact same thing. But sadly I haven't figured out how to keep it in. Hunter will self soothe with his fists if he's on his tummy but not his back. Hopefully he figures that out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not foolproof, but is helpful! We appreciate the wubbanub:
    http://www.wubbanub.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, Amanda!!!!!!! That's adorable!!!!! I am totally getting one. Thanks!

      Delete