Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mr personality

I had a beagle that didn't bark. For the first year of its life, it would just behave his beagle self and quietly observe the world around him. That is, until the day his belly made a noise. He was laying on his back, big puppy belly sticking out, when it growled. He moved his ears, intrigued, then yelped. I thought it was so adorable that I mimicked the noise over and over again. Fast forward to a year later and everything and anything makes the *flipping* dog *flipping* bark...

You would think I learned my lesson as I sit in front of my kid and scream after every little adorable scream of his, until I am holding him in a crowded coffee shop and realize that he doesn't understand what shhhhh means.

He flails his arms uncontrollably and screams happy screams, crazy auburn hair sticking right up. I hold him facing me and he has a wide mouth, ready to bite my face, mid scream. He loves people and he loves to be out. It energizes him. I think, who is this person? How can this wild being have come out of me? Must be the Irish in him.

When he gets pissed, though, he gets pissed. He doesn't cry sad, cute, baby cries. He looks at me or his dad like he will rip our faces off if we don't pick him up, like, right now. Husband says that baby reminds him of me when baby is mad. He says it must be the Latina in him.

Between happy and pissed off screams I even forgot to eat today. I am shaking and want to murder someone mid afternoon when I realize, hey, my blood sugar is nonexistent. I look in the mirror and I look like I fought with a cat, and it won. Baby is fascinated with my hair, or anything dangling from my ears for that matter.

After finally putting screaming creature in bed, dad and I look at each other, clothes covered in vomit and feeling defeated, and start laughing.

That's why momma is drinking some wine right now. This should make for some interesting milk later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment