Tuesday, July 17, 2012

On carseat safety

While bringing groceries home the other day, we placed a watermelon next to the baby. For some reason that didn't sit right with me. My ever anxious mind kept picturing that heavy fruit ricocheting in the car and hitting the baby in case of an accident.

Turns out this is one of the many things I did not know about carseat safety: any lose items inside the car could potentially impale the baby.

Apparently it is a law in most, if not all, states in America that a carseat technician checks that the parents have it properly installed in the car before they ever leave the hospital. In my case it seems like they were more concerned about getting me out of the wheelchair and into the car. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I was not aware of most of this.

I was going to blog about it, but this blogger did a much better job than I would have:



And here is a picture of how I was doing it all wrong:

The monkey things gotta go, so the chest strap can be, well, on the chest. Wubbanub needs to go. The straps need to start from lower, on his back, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Your not the only one...I too had it all wrong. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete