Sunday, July 15, 2012

Boys and Skype


A while ago my brother was on his phone, inside an airplane, somewhere in South America, talking with my mom, who was in Brazil, who was talking with me, on Skype, and I live in the west coast of North America. The baby started crying and my brother asked my mom whose baby was that.

I will give you a second to get the picture. Got it?

That's technology for you, and a modern family.

Today my mom had some extra visitors, my nephews, and stepson decided (by a miraculous occurrence) to wake up early. Stepson and nephews know one another, from our wedding, but they don't speak each others languages unless, of course, the subject is farts.

Baby has this thing that when he goes number 2, he makes fart noises with his lips. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but it actually happens more often when his behind needs maintenance. The number of fart noises coming from his little mouth increases exponentially with the amount of maintenance needed.

So baby starts making fart noises, to the delight of all boys involved in the Skype conversation. By the way, all boys are sporting a Justin Bieber hairdo, even though they all say Justin Bieber sucks. They show each other their Xbox and playstation games and ask me in their languages when the other one is coming to visit.

When baby makes his toot soundtrack, everyone quickly decides to convince me that they can do a better, more realistic version of it. For fifteen minutes I endure a boy, two pre-teens and a baby making nonstop flatulence sounds.

I wish I got it on tape, but maybe that would be too much technology. By the time I got the camera they had moved on to burping, anyway. This is what I have to look forward to in a family overtaken by testosterone.

1 comment:

  1. I always had (and have) the feeling that all my kids (if I'm having more now) were going to be boys, and I'm happy with the idea of being 'the Queen of the house', however I never saw that from the perspective you're telling!
    Being around farts and burps in the next few years is not sounding very queenly now LOL

    ReplyDelete