Monday, March 12, 2012

Hallelujah

Hallelujah, praise the lord. The little guy has been asleep for seven hours.

I even poked the little belly to see if there was response. He squirmed a bit and went right back to sleep.

I guess I will have to admit to my mom tomorrow that she was right (and it's no fun when parents are right): feeding him a little more put him in a milky coma for the night.

Why am I awake and not celebrating with an awesome sleepy sleep and holding my pillow, telling it how much I've missed it?

Here is yet another thing they don't tell you: when baby finally sleeps through the night, guess who will wake you up? The freaking BOOBS!

You may attempt to happily roll on your side while sleeping, just to find out that watermelon-like speed bumps stop your rolling. Plus, they hurt like a mother when they are allowed to get this full.

If you happen to glimpse at them in the mirror right before your beloved pump does the job of releasing the engorgement, you may exclaim "holy cow!" (no pun intended) causing baby to squirm a little more.

So shhhhhhh. Lets let him sleep. I need to explore the kitchen again anyway. There might be some stale sushi still left in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment